We’ve spent the last year sifting through 1950s archives to figure out exactly why the GOP is in love with that decade. We know the Republicans would like to forget how St. Eisenhower’s prosperity was due in part to high corporate tax rates and massive spending on infrastructure.
So what is it that they love?
These clips from the period that they drool over might contain some important clues:
1. Join Ron and Nancy Reagan as they show a 1950s audience just how much they enjoy
LSD conserving energy!
2. Women knew their place in the workplace:
3. Ozzie, Harriet and Eastman Kodak let the good times roll!
4. Racial profiling was simple:
5. And of course, it was great to be a poor American on Thanksgiving: